Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Latin Mass: A Tribute by Jonathan

Unto the Ages of Ages! Unity. A voice is heard crying in the night. Crying in the wilderness. Unity! It cries out to me the loudest. How long has it been, Unity that you have been stifled? As though you had been forgotten, left behind? I have not forgotten you. I cry out aloud, deeper in my soul, Unity! What am I to do now that the world has forgotten about you? Should I seek a shelter in some other lover's charms? You are the Way. To whom else would I turn? Nay! Even if the world should turn its back on you, I will choose you with all of my heart. You are Jesus. How long forgotten as if you had nothing left to say? Could it be possible that Jesus Himself would stop speaking? Nay! The Holy Ghost speaks to us in the silence and through the Latin Mass. Unto Ages of Ages. A voice calls out in the night, crying in the wilderness. Silence! For it is in this silence God speaks. Eternally. Forging forward, I know there is a reason you have persevered. I know that you are the future of true worship. You are the Morning Star of worship. You are a barrier in keeping the world at bay. I know that if God approved of worship, it would be within you. Eternally. You have captured my heart. All that is within you. They say to follow you rejects the Word. I ask, is it fitting to obey the Word at the expense of disobeying God? If God told you something contrary to His Word, what would be your reaction? For in fact, within you is more of the Bible than elsewhere. You are so glorious. It is true that Truth doesn't compete. It simply persists until proven right. In faith and eternally. The first time I met you, it was like meeting the woman of my dreams. Nay! It was like meeting God. It was actually meeting God. The bells! The solitary, reverberating triumph of Christ's victory permeating the silence like thunder on a cool, summer's night. I have found that which my soul longs for. In you, I find Jesus. The eternal chorus of Heaven's symphony, you are a glimpse of the perfection of the Kingdom. We have forgotten about love. It is no wonder that priest saints were known to have extended their saying of you for literally hours. In the bureaucracy of man's will interfering in the practise of true religion, we have forgotten that true religion is love. It is no wonder you have been stifled. The religion of the adult is very different from the religion of the child. A child knows how to love. The first time I met you, I wondered at the people within your care. So different from anything I have seen in the New Rite. They love as children, A voice calls in the night. Reverence! This is the key to true worship. Who, knowing they are in the presence of God, would approach with anything less? Holy fear, deepest concern and care. As if approaching God Himself. God loves His children either way. Isn't it right? Isn't it fitting and just? A voice calls in the wilderness. Do not harden your hearts. Sin is attractive. It is not too late. Reverence will restore what has been taken, indeed, will melt the heart of the world. A voice calls again in the night. Jesus! it cries. It is about Jesus. Not the world. We are called to be apart from the world. You, you awesome bastion of Heaven's gate, are testimony of how set apart we are. For it is within you, within your care that we learn how to love. My heart pounds eagerly within my chest when I am with you. They say truth does not divide. If this were the case, there would, in fact, be no truth. Not everything can be so true. Yet you are so tolerant and without a sound. Simply inviting and imploring those who are within earshot, to return to worship God as He deserves. As He desires. Still, you are so tolerant. Even accepting as holiness other means of worship in order that God be praised. God be praised. Name of God! Only, do it with reverence. A voice calls out in the night, eagerly crying in the wilderness. Approach Jesus with reverence again. It is not too late. He is holy. He deserves no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment