Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Islam

Thank you for being so honest. I did not write any of it. And I have not said anything against Islam. I have liked a few posts but didn’t realize this was public information. My intention was not to upset you or make you feel as though I was bashing anyone. And if I have liked posts that are specifically against the practice of Islam, there was a reason but it wasn’t for the purpose of bashing your religion. What I am against is hate. I’ve read a lot of the Quran as well as many of the Hadiths. When I click like on these posts, I am not liking the bashing of a religion or a way of life. What I am not liking is the way of life and the religion of hate. I have read a lot of the comments on some of the posts that I like as well and as full of hate as some of those commenters are, it doesn’t change the reason why the poster posted in the first place. I have read enough of the Quran to know that its ultimate purpose is not that of a book of hate. But you cannot say that the maltreatment of children, beheadings of people of other religions are not hateful acts. I want to encourage you to see that every human being has rights, especially the right to life, especially children. This does not have to be an illustration of Islam. I know that. I don’t even know or understand fully why this sort of treatment of human beings has come about in our world. But I can conjecture as well as anyone pretty well. What I am ‘disliking’, again, is not a bash against Islam but rather the expression of hate and violence, suppression of human rights, liberties and values and the suppression of identities. I agree with you when you say “I have to tell you that the things you post are not a true representation of Islam”. I don’t have that perception of your religion. Live in love and truth. Just so we’re clear, my perception is that hate, violence and oppression of the human life is bad – not necessarily Islam. Islam might be a good religion. It is a fact that there are many good, peaceful Muslims. But there are many who aren’t. It’s those who use it as a justification to hurt others that is wrong and absolutely deplorable to our God of love who is absolutely not unaware that it is happening. If Islam is a religion of peace, show us. Regardless of what people say, there is a lot of bad stuff happening in the world right now. We cannot lose sight of the fact that we are living in the year 2016. Shouldn’t we have learned from our pasts? The last century that was wrought with war and genocide. We cannot forget the cost of liberty and peace. That millions of people lost their lives defending this liberty. I know for a fact that these interpretations of Islam are not the entirety of Islam. I have friends on my facebook and in real life who are perfect examples of this. I know Muslims who, living in Asia, whenever something bad happens in the name of God, they are the first to speak out about it. I have Muslim friends who are very charitable and the embodiment of love and peace. I saw a wonderful video on YouTube a couple of days ago of a couple of Muslim men, during their Mosque prayer-time going out in the streets and offering charity, giving food to homeless people on the streets. This is wonderful. We need more of this charity and goodness. Brutal acts and stifling the human spirit doesn’t do much good. In fact it is detestable, especially when there are teachers who try to prove the validity of these brutal acts from sacred Islamic texts. Love, peace, humility, faith and justice. That is what God is about. I am not against Islam. I am speaking out against hate. I’ve not really said anything bad or unreasonable. Read it again, nothing of what I am saying is unreasonable.

I imagine that it is very confusing. I am not against Islam. There are a lot of really great Muslim people. God is the same for all. He is a God of love. However you want to call Him – He is the God of love, mercy and justice, the God of Truth. My God is just and loving. And in my opinion, Jesus is the Messiah of love, the Christ of all mankind. God is not a god of hate, violence and injustice. But you have to know that not all religions are the same. Each have different teachings and laws and bases their ideologies off of different people. Although, what I am saying is not a criticism as I believe that no religion is perfect, I absolutely encourage people to research a bit about each religion in order to discern what its intention and theology is. I can empathize that it’s difficult. Who has time, who can expect others to have the time to research like this? It’s so important though to be able to develop our own ideas and convictions. At the end, we all bleed and cry and laugh the same. But sometimes, some of us do those things for different reasons.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.” John 16:2. Changes are coming. Everyone has been through so much. Regardless of your religion, race or history, we all hurt in the same way. Though our reactions differ and greatly do they differ, we were all children at one point, longing for our mothers to hold us and comfort us. We need to empathize with our brother. But we have to be wise as to what our brother’s intention is. God is a god of love. Anyone who thinks they commit these terrible acts in the name of God is not practicing God’s will.

Read what I have said with an open heart. With your consciences. What I am against is hate not Islam. ISIS is evil. Because of what they do. They are not a political organization or a religious organization. They’re killing Muslims as well. Good people. They are killing people – en mass – in the name of God. Something’s wrong with that picture. Especially in 2017.

No idea or philosophy should be beyond questioning. We need to get to a place where we are able to have a conversation about issues, where we are able to debate using our words and not resort to violence and personal attacks. The solution is there. It’s not in calling people names.

-

The entire basis of Christian belief is upon the fact that people can change. There is no escaping the fact that every single one of us is a sinner. (And much more alike than you are choosing to believe). Do not deny people’s ability to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment