Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Rosary of Humility:

Rosary of Humility

Our Father

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Pl 2:4-11) Hail Mary

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (Js 4:6) Hail Mary

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Lk 14:11) Hail Mary

The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life. (Pv 22:4) Hail Mary

Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you. (1 Pet 5:5,6) Hail Mary

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. (Mt 23:12) Hail Mary

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. (Rm 12:3) Hail Mary

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. (Js 4:10) Hail Mary

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (Ep 4:1-3) Hail Mary

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor. (Pv 18:12) Hail Mary

Glory be

Our Father

He must increase, but I must decrease. (Jn 3:30) Hail Mary

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Ch 7:14) Hail Mary

If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. (2 Cn 11:30) Hail Mary

The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground. (Ps 147:6) Hail Mary

One's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor. (Pv 29:23) Hail Mary

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. (Isa 57:15) Hail Mary

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Pl 2:3) Hail Mary

He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. (Ps 25:9) Hail Mary

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. (Rm 12:16) Hail Mary

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Mt 11:29) Hail Mary

Glory be


Our Father

All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the Lord. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word. (Isa 66:2) Hail Mary

And they came to Capernaum. And when he was in the house he asked them, “What were you discussing on the way?” But they kept silent, for on the way they had argued with one another about who was the greatest. And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.” And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.” (Mk 9:33-37) Hail Mary

Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. (Js 3:13) Hail Mary

On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses— though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. I have been a fool! You forced me to it, for I ought to have been commended by you. For I was not at all inferior to these super-apostles, even though I am nothing. The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works. (2 Cn 12:5-12) Hail Mary

For the Lord takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation. (Ps 149:4) Hail Mary

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. (1 Cn 13:4) Hail Mary

King Nebuchadnezzar to all peoples, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth: Peace be multiplied to you! It has seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has done for me. How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion endures from generation to generation. (Dn 4:1-3) Hail Mary

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. (Pl 4:12) Hail Mary

Regarding the words that you have heard, because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard his words against this place and its inhabitants, and you have humbled yourself before me and have torn your clothes and wept before me, I also have heard you, declares the Lord. (2 Ch 34:26,27) Hail Mary

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ (Lk 18:9-13) Hail Mary

Glory be

Our Father

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. (Rm 12:10) Hail Mary

It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. (Pv 16:19) Hail Mary

Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few. (Ecc 5:2) Hail Mary

But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. (Lk 14:10) Hail Mary

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Rm 8:28) Hail Mary

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Lk 18:14) Hail Mary

And do you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not, for behold, I am bringing disaster upon all flesh, declares the Lord. But I will give you your life as a prize of war in all places to which you may go.” (Jer 45:5) Hail Mary

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, who do his just commands; seek righteousness; seek humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the anger of the Lord. (Zep 2:3) Hail Mary

And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. (Deut 8:2,3) Hail Mary

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. (Pl 3:8) Hail Mary

Glory be


Our Father

Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. (Gal 5:26) Hail Mary

He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. (Lk 1:51-53) Hail Mary

Now when Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at table. And when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste? For this could have been sold for a large sum and given to the poor.” But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, “Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me. For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me. In pouring this ointment on my body, she has done it to prepare me for burial. Truly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will also be told in memory of her.” (Mt 26:6-13) Hail Mary

If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. (Jn 13:14-16) Hail Mary

Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. (Num 12:3) Hail Mary

For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. (1 Cn 15:9) Hail Mary

A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest. And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors. But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves. For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves. (Lk 22:24-27) Hail Mary

The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. (Pv 8:13) Hail Mary

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Mt 18:2-4) Hail Mary

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. (Ps 51:17) Hail Mary


Glory be

No comments:

Post a Comment