Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

April 18, 2016:

It’s been a good day today. When I woke, I put some bird seed outside. Now, I’m at Second Cup, writing a bit more of my travel story. My fast is going well. I went to a restaurant today where I had a fruit bowl and green tea. I’ll go to Mass this evening. Continuation: Today, I went to Mass after writing a bit of my account. Mass was wonderful. I am really looking forward to going daily. It’s difficult to explain, I know I have tried in past, but I receive such a wonderful feeling of peace while at Mass. I used to get a similar feeling when I was at church in Markham. This particular feeling I experienced a couple of times there. I think I remember describing a feeling of joy and peace that came over me where every movement I made, every expression and statement I made were deliberate. When I described this sensation, I spoke about my facial expressions, how they had all of the sudden become very animated. At least this is how it felt for me. I am experiencing this feeling more at Mass. Clearly, the fact that I have been going daily influences the amount I have experienced it. I firmly believe that there is something special about the Mass. After all, it has stood against darkness for literally two millennia, since the days our Lord walked His path. There’s something to be said for that. I am very grateful to have this amazing resource and to be able to share in it every day with my brothers and sisters. I feel like meditating, praying. I’m sure it looks like I am sleeping but I am very aware of what is happening and what is being said. I’m grateful that when I feel like this, I am able to carry this feeling into my day to day activities afterwards. Anyways, now I am at Starbucks. I’ll go grocery shopping after I finish writing here. I bought a Greek yogurt at Starbucks. I did this because there is no fat in Greek yogurt. I didn’t read clearly enough. There were berries in the bottom. A bit of sugar. I’ll keep going. I know I haven’t given you much to believe in. I know your world deserves much better. I will keep fighting to give you something to believe in. I have faith and will stand by that faith. But I have to take a stand for truth. I have to fight for the right thing. I just hope you will bear in mind everything I am saying. I wish you could see just how hard I am trying. And I hope that you will come to know what I was up against. I’m not saying that to glorify myself. But there is a reason I have had difficulty. Everything I write I am sincere about. I sincerely want the best for your world. I want to see the right thing is done in a way after which you can rejoice. I know how patient you have been. Your faith will be rewarded. Your faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment