Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

March 25, 2016:

Today ended very well! This is going to be a short entry because I’m pretty tired. This morning, I went to the Good Friday Mass in Italian. I am finding it much easier to follow along with the procession now even if I don’t understand what’s being said. I was able to follow along well with the help of the Missal. I really wanted to clear my conscience. So I found a priest to take my confession. I am still learning to give a confession and I don’t entirely know how it progresses. I am very glad that I was able to do this before I take Communion tomorrow. Afterwards, I returned to the church for the Stations of the Cross. I’ve not taken part in this before. It was really emotional and beautiful. The prayers and readings were very pertinent and resonated with me. I will say that I probably haven’t walked this far in the past five years if not seventeen years. I was exhausted after and my body was aching a lot. I noticed it especially after I sat for a while and then stood again. I am very humbled and proud to have been able to take part in it. Glory to our Lord. I am thankful to my RCIA leader for calling me to tell me about it. Tomorrow is an exciting day. My buddy is getting married and after I have my Confirmation. I am planning to paint another oil painting after the service tomorrow. Tonight I am grateful that I persevered through the entirety of the Stations of the Cross. I am grateful for the precious gift our Lord has given to us. I am thankful that I can anticipate a really good sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment