Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

July, 2016:

I sang in the choir last night. It was a great experience. There were only a few other people singing but still I sat in the second row, away from the microphones because I know I am not the best singer. The sisters who sing in the choir with me encouraged me and invited me to sing in the front pew. So I went up front. Another man joined at that point to sing. He hadn’t any practice because he came late. The way he sang was really cool and he picked up on the songs very quickly. I have been feeling incredible since I returned from Niagara. Never doubt what a little bit of love can do. Don’t doubt what love can heal. I’m sad that it has taken me this long to realize that. But I am absolutely understanding, knowing the nature and duration of what I was put through. I did the best I could and have triumphed against this crippling fear. I only wonder what would have happened had I had told sooner what was happening to me; what would have happened had I had learned to open my heart sooner. God knows. But I can conjecture. No regrets. Only a few regrets. Beautiful people. I’ve been feeling on a cloud since I returned. I’ve noticed myself setting clear boundaries and standing up for those boundaries. I am finding myself walking down the street praising God lately. Especially after church. Saying stuff like ‘What a beautiful life’ and being very grateful. I am still reading Scripture daily and going to Mass as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment