Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

February 23, 2016:

Man was created in the image of God, in order that we may live our lives for the glory of God, the Creator. Following the Creation, man was tempted away from God and sinned resulting in the curse of death. Because of this original sin, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Then, in His mercy, God sent for mankind a Savior, His Son as a sacrificial offering that man would be redeemed to God. Therefore, whoever believes in the Son of God, Jesus and has faith in His death and resurrection, will not experience death. The Gospel is the good news of the kingdom of God and the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law and the Prophets with the replacement of a new law: the law of Love. I've been through a lot in my life, the result of many different traumas. Because of the suffering I have endured, I have been searching many different places to find peace and hope. I've experimented with different spiritualties and there was a period where I immersed myself in the primary texts of most major world religions. After reading the Holy Bible, I felt such a powerful connection and resonance. In college, I was having a very hard time emotionally, which actually led to my drastic decline in physical well-being. I was practically hitting my own personal bottom when I called out to Jesus and accepted Him as Lord. I was baptized shortly after. My relationship with Christ has always been one of dependence and healing. In my sufferings, my search for meaning was endless. With Christ, I have found that meaning and He gives me hope in the future and faith to fight through and recognize that what I've been through is not the finality of life. He shows me so much more. When I became Christian, I was instantly healed of my depression and despair. But other areas, like anxiety, flashbacks and hypersensitivity I didn’t understand. I thought the fact that these scars, these wounds of the trauma I had been through should have been gone along with everything else. I thought I was failing. I thought I wasn’t trusting Jesus enough. Scars and wounds, emotional and relational are very real. There are answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment