Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

January 19, 2016:

Today I weighed myself in the morning. I’m trying not to do it often because I want this to be about more than weight loss, which it is. Anyways, I weighed 173lbs. I’ve lost an awful lot of weight but I am not done yet. My goal set in the gym is in the 150’s. But, I’m going to continue to weight lift. Luckily, so far, I’ve lost little to none of my muscle power since I’ve started. I’m going to the gym again this evening. First, I’m going to work a bit in a workbook for sexual abuse survivors. Things are getting better. Glory to God. Continuation: I went to the gym this evening. Feeling great! Went grocery shopping again after. Bought a bucket of spinach, pineapple and strawberries. Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. I walked around the whole store looking for something I could eat. Looked at oats, which had a bit of fat. Then I looked at yogurt. The normal stuff had a bit of fats too. Greek yogurt though didn’t. So I got a small tub of that. I’ll only have a little but it may spruce up my fast a bit! When I got home, there was the nicest smell in the house. My next room neighbor was cooking plantains. I spoke to her last night and she had said she would make me some. I appreciated it but clearly didn’t expect her to. When I saw her in the kitchen, she prepared for me some and gave it to me. Very nice of her. Can’t wait to try it. Smells so good! Please remember how important all of you are. You’re not animals. You are made in the image of God. However you choose to interpret that, I want you to take from it that you are beautiful. You are spiritual. You are precious gifts. You are all cherished in the eyes of God. And your existences matter a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment