Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2016

March 30, 2015:

Another one today, because I am feeling a lot of anxiety. Today, I am so incredibly grateful for the kindness of strangers. Sometimes, all it takes to brighten my mood, is a warm smile from someone who appreciates that I have held the door open for them or they for me. Sometimes, that’s enough to encourage and strengthen my faith. Today at Church, one of the priests saw me before Mass and asked how I was before holding the door open for me. I know that what others think and say about me is not a true reflection of who I am on the inside and that the opinions of people are always changing. I praise God for the fact that if one day, people are upset with me, the following day, their opinions could change. In any case, I rest my free identity in Christ who died for me. I am thankful for Canada, for a country where there are so many different people of different faiths and races. In a strange way, I am thankful today for pain, emotional and physical. Because without it, we would not be able to appreciate the joys and comforts of life in as powerful a way. It gives me something to fight for, while fighting against it, in order to find the peace that awaits me. I am thankful for laughter. I am grateful for the ability to experience love and peace in the joy of Christ. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment