Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

May 16, 2015:

Today, I am grateful that tomorrow I am playing golf with my buddy Eric. I am thankful that I am going to church tonight where I will be serving. One thing I noticed after my Men’s ministry this Thursday was that I tend to be filled with the Spirit after meeting with others and sharing my faith. This is really important for me, I feel especially now, as when I am alone, the attacks of the evil one come very frequently. Still, I will resist and fight. I’m just realizing, I’m sad to say at this point in my life, the benefit that having friends who are fellow believers. There is faith in confession and repentance. I thank God for a guy in my small group named Louie who offered me a ride to the Richmond Hill Center. On the way there, we talked about a lot of spiritual stuff. In this state of spiritual vulnerability, I felt greatly encouraged and felt as though the Spirit had come alive in me. I often feel this way after the small group. I thank God for Jack and George and everyone in my church family. George, an elder in my church, emailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that he was praying for my prayer request in the prayer register. It was very encouraging to hear that I had others praying for me. It’s nice to hear sometimes. Roger as well. Today, I am very thankful for the fact that the truth about my life has been revealed to me, offering me a chance to heal what was broken and maybe one day, to live a more fulfilling life. I am grateful for my senses. After quitting smoking and doing a lot of healing work on my soul from the abuse, I am able more to experience the joys of my senses more efficiently. I will not commit to living a more fulfilling life one day. I want to start today!

No comments:

Post a Comment