Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

May 21, 2015:

Today, I woke up feeling a little under the weather. My stomach is killing me and I have a lot of gas. I spent most of the bus ride to Markham trying to get some more sleep. Still, I am grateful for the fact that I have breath today and that I am healthy, overall. We praise God even in the hard times. Continuation: I think I just needed something to eat. I definitely had a bit of a bug but I am feeling much better now. I am thankful that I have my small group to go to this evening. I’m really glad that I decided to stay in Markham. On the bus here, I was planning to just ride it all the way back home so that I could sleep. I felt in a daze on the bus. I’m glad I stuck it out and came here because I feel that this is an important session in Galatians. I’ve been listening to the Book of Galatians as well as the Gospels of Matthew and John in preparation for discussion regarding this Bible study. I hope I have much to contribute. We can learn a lot from Paul’s Letter to the Galatians. We can learn much about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can also learn to apply our faith in a way that is not legalistic/too based on our own works and learn to depend upon the grace of the Heavenly Father through the loving and saving blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for this grace and I am grateful that I understand how much this gift is worth. I am thankful that I understand how precious this grace is. This grace that I neither deserve nor fully comprehend. This grace that I build my hope upon. I am so thankful for fellowship with my small group brothers. I am really starting to look forward to this Paths of Courage program. I read up about it online and got from it that it is so much more than only challenging exercise. I don’t know why I got from it that it was kind of like a boot camp. Praise God for new experiences and opportunities to help others cheerfully! Further continuation: Men’s group was great tonight. I feel as though I was able to contribute a bit. We talked about Galatians 1:10-24. Powerful passage with so much in it. Although, I shouldn’t have handled Jack’s cats as much as I did. It has been a long time since I have been confronted with cats and I forgot how much they affect me if I pet them a lot. I felt bad because I had a fit of asthma while Jim, one of the brothers, was giving his prayer request. In any case, Jack gave me an antihistamine. I think I got a bit high on it because I was singing at the top of my lungs at the bus stop. No matter. If anything I would have done the same thing in the joy of life if I’d not taken the pill. Got an email from my harmonica instructor telling me he’d like to see me continue with lessons. Great night overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment