Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2016

September 18, early morning, 2015:

I honestly think today was the best day I have had in a long time. I remember walking around, just smiling. Smiling because I felt accepted. Today, I was not concerned by what others thought about me. I hope it’s good and positive. But I understand that people have a right to feel. And I cannot interrupt that process. All I can do is focus on myself and my feelings. It was a good day because I did a lot of things today. I did them for me. And I committed to these things decisively. I am proud to say that I had a choice over what I did today. Last night, I was feeling sorrow, as though I was beyond hope. I just needed someone to talk to. I think we all need that. I am so blessed today in knowing that even in my suffering and in spite of the pain I am going through, I have absolute hope. And in spite of everything I am going through, I am still moving forward and reaching out. I have a lot to hope for. We live in a broken world. Full healing, joy and peace is waiting for us in the world we ourselves are waiting for. This life, there will certainly be hurt. Life is tough. And I think we need to remember that it’s okay to hurt and to feel and to speak about our emotions. These are simply things that make us human. But while we wait, we can rest in contentment and joy in our faith and hope. The highlight of my wonderful day was when I went to my friend’s place to pick up a couple of books that I forgot with him last weekend. He and his girlfriend invited me to play a game. It was really warm and made me feel very welcome. I have invited a woman I met on the dating site to coffee. She seems like a wonderful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment