Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Untitled:

At church this last weekend, the one of the pastors gave a great sermon. One thing he said really resonated with me. He said “Stop focussing on symptoms and get to the root cause”. I feel that this is a large part of what my message is about and my book but it was very refreshing to hear. He said in reference to this that ‘you wouldn’t take Tylenol to heal a broken bone”. Sin is often a reflection of the state of our heart. The only way we can heal our hearts is through the Gospel of Christ. Praise God! I have something very important to disclose that may shed some light onto this whole situation. I will do so over the course of the next while. I just have to organize my thoughts. I guess more than anything, I want you all to know that I am praying for you constantly. I am praying for a lot. That regardless of what happens to me, the church will be strengthened in faith. I’m praying for the mighty glory of God and our Lord Jesus. I’m praying for the children. For those who hurt. For those who suffer. That they may see the love and joy behind the Truth. That they may see the love that’s available to them in abundance. This did happen to me. And believe me when I say that what they did to me was not right. It was abhorrent. But what would be absolutely worse, would be if I were to remain bitter because of what they did to me. Let’s face facts, there is a difference between brooding and stewing in anger and having never learned the fundamental building blocks to move ahead in life. Trauma is absolutely real. It is as real as an amputated limb. An appropriate analogy: I don’t think it would be fair to expect an illiterate person to write a novel. But I am talking about love. And we can all love. Especially once we have experienced the joy of the love of Jesus Christ. There is absolutely a hopeful future. It is found in love. And please don’t be deceived by the darkness. It is powerful and alluring. I understand your hesitancy in believing me. And although my life, my emotional well-being and the way my body has reacted is clear, I realize that I have not offered much grounding for you to believe. Things will make a bit more sense soon. I just have to gather my thoughts. Where things will go from there, I am uncertain. But everything I say, I say with love. And my message builds in love. But again, I do not expect anyone to believe me or offer me anything before there is corroboration or confirmation. Please keep faith. This will not end badly. I guess I’m just asking you to have compassion and not to forget that people are living and breathing creatures who are vulnerable to and shaped by life’s experiences as much as they are able to overcome and persevere through difficult situations and environments. I’m just asking you to have mercy. I’m saying we’re expending a lot of effort into forgiving those who deliberately hurt us. What about the people they hurt? Have mercy on those who suffer. I assure you that it is not always a choice to suffer. We as people need to have compassion for those who have been treated unjustly, abused, violently hurt and genuinely oppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment