Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 26, 2015:

Today I am grateful for my gym. Yesterday, a roommate came with me and I helped him sign up for a membership at GoodLife. It really is a great place filled with motivated, strong people. After bringing my roommate there, I showed him a few exercises and worked out myself. I told him after I showed him the exercises to listen to his personal trainer. The gym is such a valuable resource if you take advantage of it. Today, I am grateful for my bank. BMO always seems to be contacting me in order to make sure that everything is going as I intended with such friendly customer service. Things are absolutely moving forward in my life. And things are definitely changed from when I accepted Christ. I am eating a bit more than I often would lately. I am doing this in order to gain muscle mass. I don’t intend on getting too big but I do want to bulk up. I am so thankful that I have met my personal fitness goals. I am learning the importance of exercise, reframing your thoughts and positive thinking. I’ve looked into taking a hot air balloon ride. It may sound funny but it’s something I have wanted to do for my entire life. I don’t know really why I have not done it until now. Really I know fully why. I had a lot to deal with on my own. I memorized another passage of Scripture today, which I’ll cite off memory now as best I can. ‘Upon hearing this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not lead to death. No, it is for God’s glory so that His Son may be glorified through it’ (John 11:4). We can focus on the bad things in life, the things we don’t have. Have you ever paused to think about how great your life is? To think about the amazing gift you’ve been given. Lately I have been going through an awful lot of reflecting. Some of it has been positive. But a lot of it has been negative. I want you to know that we have a right to our feelings, to feel discouraged and hurt. And that whatever we are feeling, there is reason for why we feel. This is human. But it’s so very important to return to the absolute certainty that you are loved. We need to explore these recesses of hurt. But with the foundation of love and hope for the future. I know this is difficult for you to believe me. It’s difficult for me to know a truth and have it clouded in obscurity to the rest. The darkness is strong here. But people make choices in this life, which we will be held accountable for sooner or later. Don’t misunderstand the reasons people do things. I just have faith that there is a reason to this. And that when it’s the right time, it will be revealed. And I have faith in my God. Please just remember to have compassion on people who are having difficulty in life, for there is a reason. There is always a reason. Please have compassion. The key to this is taking this shame and offering it to Jesus. But we need to heal the wounds created. Only the love of Jesus can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment