Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Some notes:

Unlike broken skin, though, a broken spirit does not automatically heal. We are not alone. None of us are unlovable, beyond repair or worthless. Shame is a lie. We are loved by a saving, redeeming God. We’re not wrong for longing connection and love. This feeling is a gift of God and keeps us searching for relationship with Him and others. We need to realize that we are dearly loved by a God who saw how valuable we are and loved us so much that He has chosen to experience this human condition Himself. From birth to a shameful death, He knows exactly what it’s like to hurt, to suffer, to be betrayed and shamed. Yet He conquered it all in love. That’s what this is about: Love. Remember the importance of love. Signing up for the CN Tower’s edge walk. Terrified of heights so should be interesting. To overcome fear. I’ll share with you a verse from the Book of Deuteronomy that I am memorizing because it offers faith and hope in His promises in the face of suffering and hate: ‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, For the Lord, your God goes with you. He will never abandon nor forsake you.’ I am just praying for the right thing to happen now. When it has to happen. For the glory of God. For the happiness of your world. I am praying the truth will bring joy to your world. I pray continuously for you, the Church. Lord Almighty, let your great Name be glorified. And let your perfect will be done. I’ll be completely honest with you. I am ashamed of the life that I have lived. Not because it was in any excessive way, bad. But rather because no matter what I could do, I could not live up to His great holiness and love. I should have tried harder. I am lamenting that I was not stronger. The only reason I have to hope is because of the precious, loving and saving blood of His Son, our Savior, Jesus. I just pray for Him to be glorified. And in everything, every suffering, every joy, every success, let every bit of that glory go to His eternal Name. I can only speak what I know is Truth. And I will not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment